2010 Hyundai Accent 4-Door Sedan: HAS NO TEMPERATURE GAGE!

Page 2 of 2
?

And what temperature would that be? I bet very few know and it is not 212.

They have been that stupid for many years already. Ask 10 or 20 people what the correct answer is and report back. So far, I've asked three and got a blank stare. One was close and answered "when the light comes on".
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Well, most systems are pressurized, but my guess is around 220 to 230 degrees F. - It must depend on the car.
Bill Graham wrote:

I guess the dumbing down has already started as water under pressure doesn't boil at 212 F and then you factor in the antifreeze...
Matthew Fedder wrote:

Maybe if you bought a really cheap foreign car like a Yugo, but all of my American cars and trucks that have had analog gauges have worked pretty well. My 1994 Chevy pickup has oil pressure and water temperature gauges and they are still accurate after 17 years.
Matt
?

Some of the analog gauges have no numbers, just a few lines. You know that when the car I was new it was pointing at a particular spot, so if it changes over time you may have a problem.
Voyager wrote:

More than just several vehicles used fake gauges. Some still do.
Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Name a few. Sounds like urban legend to me. I expect a fake would be pretty easy to detect as I know when and why my oil pressure and temp should vary. It would take a pretty sophisticated fake to fool me and the fake would probably cost as much as the real instrument! :-)
Matt
Voyager wrote:

Use a search engine. Look for: "fake oil gauge" "fake temperature gauge" etc.
Paul in Houston TX wrote:

I saw a few forums about Ford pickups that claim Ford replaced the original analog sending unit with a pressure switch and a resistor to place the gauge in the "normal" zone. It didn't sound like a fake gauge to me as the forums discussed out to replace the switch with a sending unit so that the gauge would work as intended.
I would call that a fake sending unit, not a fake gauge. Then again, Ford F-150s are designed now for soccer moms who won't know how a gauge works. The claim is that Ford did this as they got tired of complaints from consumers who don't realize that oil pressure varies with different conditions. Given that Ford is targeting the F-150 at a different market now, this isn't surprising. Just another reason to stay with Chevy or Dodge. :-)
This didn't sound like a wide-spread practice from what I saw with a quick search.

I can confirm that my father's Aerostar had a fake oil gauge.
I bought a 2010 Accent, but, being old-school, didn't think to look for or ask about a temperature gauge at time of purchase.
And the salesman didn't tell me about this missing instrument, either. Since that day he's been hard to contact.
Intentional?
I'll probably never know.
But the absence of an in-dash analog gauge has made me uncomfortable, and skeptical. Like what else DOESN'T this motor vehicle have?