2010 Hyundai Elantra - doors fail to lock

I have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra, only a few months old.
I have noticed recently (and its happening more frequently) that when I turn off the ignition and remove the keys, open the door to get out
1. the "door open" signal goes on 2. pressing the master "door lock" on the driver side causes it to lock and IMMEDIATELY unlock all doors (as if the key is still in the ignition - safety feature) 3. remote key remote doesnt lock doors
Usually I get back in - insert the key turn two clicks (without starting the engine) then turn back and then its ok
What gives? I am contemplating taking it in to the dealership but Id like to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:24:11 GMT, Aldorus wrote:

FWIW, that sort of antic started with my 2001 Elantra just outside the 5year warranty, the dealer refused to correct it under Warranty work. I just removed the pertinent fuse for the door locks and close and open the doors manually.
The problem was apparently well know to Hyaundai, something to do with the wearing of thewire harness going through the door to body and control modules.
Aldorus ha pensato forte :

There is a small switch in the ignition lock assy, named door switch, when not working properly it gives the troubles you are actually experiencing (doesn't recognize you already removed the key). Guess your dealer knows the matter and will replace this switch under warranty.
--
you're face to face, with the man who sold the world...