2011 Models: When ? (and, a thanks for all the previous help)

Hello,

First, thanks to all for all the very good info from my previous posts. Appreciate it very much.

Any idea when the new model 2011 will start appearing ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

My dealer already has what looked like a 2011 Sonata. I didn't get up close to it as it was in the garage undergoing, I'm surmising, dealer prep. It did look better in person than in the pictures, but it is going to take some getting used to.

It looks like the visibility will be much poorer than my 2006, but then almost all new cars seem to have visibility that sucks. I guess everyone is copying the "gangster" look that Chrysler started with the 300.

I much prefer a lower beltline and taller windows than appears to now be in vogue on new cars.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

In message , Voyager writes

I would suspect that the "lower windows" is part of the design to reduce drag, therefore increasing mpg.

Reply to
Clive

It also has to do with side impact crash standards. It is easier to put the needed strength in the higher doors. I've not been in one of the Chrysler cars, but to me, they look ugly with the short windows

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't think so as the overall height of the cars isn't much if any less, it is just that the beltline is higher now.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

Yes, I suspect that is one of the reasons, but I think simply style is the other. I think almost all of the cars with the short windows look ugly, although the cars like the Camaro and Challenger look OK that way. The new Hyundai isn't as ugly as the Chrysler, but it sure has shorter windows than my 06, at least judging from a distance.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

Probably be the opposite to you blokes in the USA but in Australia I find smaller windows let in less heat. Prefer the larger window looks but harder on the ventilation/aircon John

Reply to
John

This could certainly be a concern for parts of the US, however, often heavily tinted windows are the solution to that problem.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

The color of the car makes quite a difference too. My silver blue was much cooler in the summer than the two previous cars, a dark green and burgundy one. In the southwest, white is a very common color. I've never had a black car, nor do I want one. Present car is dark cherry. Sure shows the dirt more too.

As for tint, some states do have restriction on the front windows as to how dark they can be. Police want to be able to see you and be sure you have no weapons.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

In message , Ed Pawlowski writes

In the UK, it's illegal to have either windscreen or front door windows tinted.

Reply to
Clive