2012 Genesis Cruise Control Camera

Anybody know how to align the camera; it's pointing left of center. Nobody at the local Hyundai shops has the equipment to align it. I think a 5-degree tweak might be about right.

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

There's a calibration procedure that requires driving the vehicle with the dealer's laptop attached. Any Hyundai dealer in the U.S. should be able to do this. It's pretty simple. Hook up the laptop, select the smart cruise system and enter the calibration procedure. At that point, it's a matter of following the instructions on the laptop.

Keep in mind, if the vehicle has been involved in a collision, bent compone nts (such as the cruise module mounting bracket or radiator core support to which the module mounts) may need to be replaced before the system can be properly calibrated.

And I'll also make a slight technical correction. The cruise doesn't work via camera, it works via radar. The unit is located behind the black plast ic cover on the right hand lower portion of the bumper cover.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks! Nobody in WV seems to know how to do it. It was the Equus dealer's tech in Beckley that said "camera." Even the Korean guy they hired in Huntington to service Hyundais. The car is undamaged; I'll try Dallas, TX--maybe Plano--when I get home.

Reply to
J. Fred Riley