2012 Genesis Trunk Opener

My remote control and door-mounted trunk release quit working. I opened up the access and the solenoid won't move. The thought occurred to me that it might be a linear motor, not a solenoide and that's why I couldn't manually move it. Checked the 30A and 10A trunk fuses on the block. Thought I better check for suggestions B4 I take out the solenoid/linear actuator and see if the solenoid is frozen or the linear actuator drive motor is open--or even getting power. I can't find a wiring diagram online. Thanks.

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

Check the switch in the top of the glove box. You may have inadvertently turned remote release off.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Bingo! That was it.

I'm so tall I'd never noticed that button.. Musta bumped it when I was putting the radar detector head-end away. Or maybe the little Korean tech disabled the trunk release for some reason. (The same one who told me that he didn't have the equipment to align the adaptive cruise-control radar. I guess I gotta buy a service manual if one is available. Without schematics, I'm lost.) Who cares who did it or why? It's fixed. And I learned something new. Thanks again.

Reply to
J. Fred Riley