2013 Accent (prob Elentra too) - Shifting oddities?

Has anyone with that 6 speed auto transaxle noticed an odd behavior when trying to hold the speed at a steady 30, 40, and possibly 35 mph? For some reason my car tends to surge and pull back a bit (searching for the
right gear) when I am going those speeds. It seems to happen more noticably:     a) When the car has warmed up well.     b) shortly after I have accelerated rapidly.     c) when NOT in eco mode (though it does do it a little in that mode)
I have tried setting the cruise control at those speeds and only at 35 does it do a little bit of the shifting back and forth. Thus it seems to be reacting to the variations in pedal pressure while I try to maintain that speed.
Love the car in general.
--- ---