2013 Sonata gas mileage

Have just checked actual gas mileage on my 2013 Sonata GLS with an odometer reading of 1,566 miles. It has averaged 21.6 mpg. I'm a little disappointed as I was expecting maybe 25-26mpg from a car with
a 35mpg highway rating and 24npg city.
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:04:34 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@echoes.net wrote:

I have the 2.0 Turbo., My driving is half light city and half highway at 70 to 75 mph. My average is about 27 in winter with ethanol crap and 29 in the summer. I've done over 30 on straight hiway driving.
You will get slightly better once the engine and wheels loosen up a bit. Mine improved a good 2 mpg over brand new.
Keep in mind, it is extremely rare to get the EPS rated mileage. I also have no idea of your driving habits and type of traffic.
When I use the remote start a lot (both winter and summer temperature extremes) it drops 1 to 2 mpg also. I'm willing to pay for comfort though.
Check again in a few months and let us know if it has improved.
snipped-for-privacy@echoes.net wrote:

There may be something wrong with your car or your calculations. I don't own one but rent a Sonata about once per month for several days. I have never gotten less than 24 mpg city driving and usually 31-35 mpg freeway. I am not easy on cars.
snipped-for-privacy@echoes.net wrote:

Two things:
1. How and where do you drive? 2. The car is not fully broken in yet. Is the mileage trending better?
It's been my experience that fuel economy changes little with "breaking in."
hyundaitech wrote:

My experience is just the opposite. I almost always see a 1-2 MPG increase after the first thousand or so miles.
On 07/15/13 12:58, hyundaitech wrote:

Yup, mine (Tucson GLS 2013) just .4 miles better, of course, a lot better than my 2003 3.5 Santa Fe , in a 360 miles trip, it saves me 6 gallons of gas.

Something's not right. I have manual 2010 GLS which I understand gets slightly less MPG than the 2011-2013 version. I drive exclusively in the city and do it rather aggressively. Consistently get 22.5-23.5 MPG in winter and 24-25 MPG during summer.
DK
What is your average speed?
You can find this by scrolling through the different data displays on the trip computer.
On Monday, July 15, 2013 12:57:24 PM UTC-4, hyundaitech wrote:

One week. No reply. I conclude the OP isn't terribly interested in his fuel economy.

That number should be higher if you factor out A/C, waiting at red lights, stop signs, accelerating from standing still, any extra weight you're carrying, tire PSI, etc. While I don't have a Sonata, in my 2013 Elantra GLS rated 28-38, I was getting 44.5 on the highway the other day @66MPH no A/C and windows 1/2 open (read: drag). In city, I am averaging about 29MPG so it's about right and I am a bit of a leadfoot. Of course, I only fill my tank about 1/2 way when I put gas in it. Less weight = better mileage. Just sayin'.
- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
On Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:04:34 AM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@echoes.net wrote:

I used to get 13 MPG on my Sonata while driving around my small burg. I would get about twice that on long trips. Too bad I don't take long trips. After my daughter crashed the car, it got 0 MPG.