Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1.9 million vehicles to be recalled
Hyundai and Kia are recalling nearly 1.9 million vehicles in the United States to fix brake lights and airbags, the US government said. The brake light recall affects Hyundai and Kia vehicles in model...

HyundaiTech (and Owners of older high mileage SantaFe's)
Ive got a 2002 SantaFe, auto, 2.7 litre, 2 wheel drive with nearly 150k. m iles on it. Engine and Trans. operate just like they did on Day 1 , with no oil burning . Very few repairs have been made to...
9
9

Re: Leased Genesis return
You may want to check again the terms of the lease. Usually, it is pretty simple. Dealer does a check of the car for physical damage to the glass and paint, you turn over the keys and you are on your...
5
5

Attn Hyundai tech: P0442 DTC and fixing it by myself, 2002 Sonata GLS
HT, Well, after nearly 5+ months of headache and hassle, they figured it out. P0442 is the fuel pump gasket leaking. But they wanted $1400 to replace a $7 part. During all that crazy stuff they did to...
3
3

How Accurate is the on board MPG estimation?
I have a 2013 Accent GLS and, like my son's old Elentra GT, this has a running average MPG calculation. It definitely has some correlation to reality since I can influence it one way or the other if I...
4
4

Tranny problems in '02 accent gsi
anybody else find the transmission is shit in this car, I had mine rebuilt about 2 years ago and it has started slipping and taking forever to shift. of course they only gave an 18 month warranty, so...
2
2

Hyundai teases HCD-14 concept ahead of Detroit debut
From AB As is the case ahead of any major auto show, we're expecting to see a plethora of leaked information or teased images before next week's Detroit Auto Show, and Hyundai is already giving us...

Hyundai and Kia adding Google Maps API to nav systems
From AB HYUNDAI TO ENHANCE IN-VEHICLE SEARCH AND NAVIGATION EXPERIENCE WITH GOOGLE MAPS COSTA MESA, Calif., January 2, 2013 ? Hyundai and Google, Inc. today announced that Google Maps application...

2006 Sonata squeaky sound
Hello, My 2006 Sonata makes a squeaky sound on rough roads, when going over a speed bump or sometimes when it sways or bounces. I've taken it to the dealership and they can't find out what it is....
3
3

Hyundai think tank
Do you know about it? I've been a member for a few months now and they are recruiting more participants. You can sign up at If you use the above code, I get credit for it and can win a prize. The...
3
3

is benzene highly toxic in hot motocars
Before starting up your engine, and the airconditioner, in a hot motorcar, should you first allow the hot air to escape through open doors or windows? Or will the benzene fumes from the plastic in...
8
8

Jack and tool holder for 2008 Sonata
The *tool holder* for my 2008 Sonata was missing when I got it a couple of months ago. The jack, and related tools were sitting inside the spare tire. The manual shows something that the tools should...
2
2

Whos got the highest mileage on their SantaFe in here ???
2002 SantaFe 2.7 litre , auto : 143,000 miles Still going strong , few repairs, 22 mpg combined .

Facelifted Hyundai ix35/Tucson shows up
From AB Hyundai reveals New ix35 ahead of Geneva debut - New ix35 brings upgrades to Hyundai's C-segment SUV offering - Powertrains improved and automatic option for diesel version added - New ix35...

2013 Hyundai ix35 is a freshened-up Euro-Tucson
From AB Hyundai reveals New ix35 ahead of Geneva debut - New ix35 brings upgrades to Hyundai's C-segment SUV offering - Powertrains improved and automatic option for diesel version added - New ix35...