Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Seals on 2002 Sonata GLS
At my last oil change, the guy said my seals are leaking. Lately I've been smelling something that smells like burning plastic or oil, even a bit like gas fumes. I assume it's from it dripping on...
21
21

BlueLink
Anyone have it yet? I bought a 2013 Sonata this week and it is equipped with BlueLink. I'm on the trial period. Overall, if it can be made to work it is a superior system to GM's OnStar, but it has...
2
2

Re: Genesis lease has been a bad decision
Why is that? Did you return to the dealer for warranty? From the Hyundai web site: ? Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost...
2
2

2002 SantaFe Spark Plugs
I need to replace the plugs in my 02' SantaFe and I was wondering what brand/type of plug I should get that others have had good luck with?
1
1

Unusual Tyre wear?
Hi, 2007 Sonata 3.3L Auto The one front tyre shows some feathering on the inside edge only, and even wear on the opposing front tyre. What could be causing this?
3
3

Santa Fe and Sonata radio wiring
Hi, I own a 2007 Sonata, 3.3L Auto built in Korea. I want to change the radio. The car has a factory fitted amplified system I'm having difficulty finding a sutable harness to allow the steering wheel...
1
1

Model designations on HMASERVICE
I went to get some information on and they list variations for each model. How do I determine what I have? For the 2013 Sonata, they have: YF LM YF HEV I did not see any place where they showed what...
4
4

2.0T Turbo engine
Any experience with it? I hate the idea of stepping down in power from my V-6 and the turbo is nice step up. Similar fuel mileage to the standard 4. 34 highway versus 35.
4
4

Re: end of lease options
I've never leased a car, but don't you have to return the car to the same dealer you leased it from? Why would you 'shop' a dealer to return the car?
1
1

Using steering wheel controls with a new audio head.
Hi, 2007 Sonata, 3.3L Auto. I want to replace the OEM audio head with a 2 Dim Sony AV type. The 'connect' socket on the new unit is a 3.5mm jack. There are 2 wires in the vehicle loom from the...

Battery Charging and Radio Code
The other question I have regarding battery charging in my Sonata, 3.3L Auto is, should I have to disconnect the battery, would the radio require an unlocking code? It is a 6 CD changer type.
1
1

Battery Charging.
I own a 2007 Sonata, 3.3L auto. I'm thinking of buying a CTEK CTE-MXS5.0 battery charger I like their accessory which plugs into the cigar lighter. Very convenient and I don't have to disconnect any...
12
12

2000 Lantra central door lock problem.
The car will unlock with keys and will lock/unlock from drivers door controls. With the "remote" though there is a faint clicking as if it were going through the correct motions but actuators were...
2
2

ABS light -- 2004 Santa Fe
I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe with a 3.5L engine, AWD (4WD), with front and back ABS disk brakes, and 93,800 miles. (This is the same vehicle that I had to oil pressure light and oil sludge issues...
7
7

Q for Hyundaitech - Santa Fe alignment issues?
I know three persons with 2004-2007 Santa Fe's and each of them have what appears to be front alignment issues. The inside treads on their front tires and quite bald. All have had regular tire...
5
5