2K Accent Clutch Problem

Here in Phoenix, when the temps get into the triple digits, usually after 2PM, I seem to have a very very difficult time shifting gears of my 2K

5 speed Accent.

Otherwise, the car behaves well.

Can anyone offer some insight on this problem?

Tom in Arizona

Reply to
PMP4Hire

What sort of difficulty are you having:

Clutch doesn't disengage? Pedal feels funny? (How?) Won't disengage gear? (Which?) Won't engage gear? (Which?) Grinds when shifting? (Which gears?)

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

I would say the clutch does not disengage?

Tom in AZ

Reply to
PMP4Hire

Check your fluid level. If I had to guess, (and there are no leaks), I'd say you've probably got a master cylinder issue.

I'm not overly comfortable of your assessment (the ? makes me suspect), so if you're unable to check this yourself, I'd recommend taking the car to a competent shop at least for diagnosis.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Correct, I replaced the master cylinder about a year ago with the same problem.

Thanks, Tom in Arizona

Reply to
PMP4Hire