2nd timing belt question 2005 Elantra

2005 Elantra requires a second timing belt at 140,000 miles. We put @18.000 miles/yr on the car and bought the car new. The first time I had the timing belt and auxiliary belts changed. I did not have the
water pump done. This time I will have the pump done. Also had the coolant drained and replaced and the trany drained and refilled. I will also have the tranny fluid changed and replace the three auxiliary belts. All work was done at a Hyundai dealer. Last time I sent emails to numerous Hyundai service manager requesting quotes for service. I intend to do the same this time. Last time I had almost a two hundred dollar swing from high to low price. In my request for quote I told them I was I was shopping for price and there was a big difference from low to high. I am planning on having the car for a couple of more years and go over 200.000 miles. Other than maintenance and wear items I haven't spent a dime. Never missed an oil change. The dealer replaced wires and plugs put at 60,000 at no charge. The mechanic fudged the computer code and had it done under the warrant. They fired the guy a couple of months later. I think they found out he was doing this with a lot of customers. Work will be done by a dealer even though I could probably have it done cheaper by an independent mechanic.
1. Is it advised to also replace the idler and tensioner at this time? I am planing on doing this or it a waste of time and money.
2. I will have the two radiator hoses replaced at this time as there is a slow leak around one of the clamps. I don't know if it is due to deterioration of the hose or just a loose clamp. I would rather not take a chance on just having the clamp replaced or tightened. Is it a good idea to have the heater hoses done. When replacing the water pump is it customary to include new coolant in the price. If not do dealers try to charge full price for a separate drain and fill as if you went in for a coolant change?
3. Regarding the tranny drain and fill. Is there anything other than drain and refill required? Internal filter, screen, etc. I did not get the power flush of the tranny last time and I don't think its necessary. Worth while or a wast of money?
4. I replace the tires last month and the tire people mentioned that a rear sway bar mount was loose. Any thoughts on this. I plan on having both sides done. Any idea on what this should cost and how long it should take.
5. Wife's key remote got screwed up again. Last time it seemed expensive (I think it was over $70.00) to purchase and do what ever it is to activate/synch with the car. Any thoughts on how to get done cheap or just bite the bullet and pay the charge? Any ideas on how negotiable dealers are.
Any advice would be appreciated. Any thoughts on how low I could negotiate labor hourly rate. My dealer in northeast Ohio is charging $105.00/hour. We are a retired couple and want to get the best bang for our buck regarding a vehicle. We are not adverse to purchasing a new car if it was necessary or are ill advised to keep this one for a couple more years. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
1. I've seen neither the idler not tensioner pulleys go bad on this engine . If it were me, I'd have them checked when the work is done and replace o nly if a problem is found.
2. The coolant should be included with the water pump job. You'll be char ged for the coolant, but you shouldn't need to pay any extra labor for them to put the coolant back in.
3. The maintenance interval on this transmission is 105,000 miles. You'll replace more fluid with a flush, but since you'd be doing the required ser vice early, there's little reason to go with more than the minimum.
4. Rear sway bar links are simple to replace. I don't recall ever replaci ng them, so I'm not sure about the parts price. Expect about a half hour t o hour of shop labor.
5. Expect the whole remote scenario to exceed 70 and potentially 100 dolla rs. The remote itself is expensive, and the dealer will have the least roo m to maneuver on its price.
You make a mistake worrying about the hourly rate. Shop the entire job (ti ming belt, drive belts, water pump, transmission drain and fill, remote, an d rear sway bar links). Itemizing will help you insure everything is inclu ded, but once you've determined that it is, shop by the bottom line.
On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:18:48 -0700 (PDT), hyundaitech

Thank you Hyundaitech for the fast response. I will take you advice on the idler and tensioner, and explaining the coolant procedure. Regards, rmo
On 9/13/2013 6:18 PM, hyundaitech wrote:

I'd check the price. Idler has a bearing IIRC and if it can be replaced cheap enough it is cheap insurance

about doing the water pump. The garage is actually saying it's probably not necessary (I know it's crazy). I had the belt and pump done about 70k ago, so if I don't replace the pump this time I would be expecting it to last for at least another 60k which would be 130k total - does that sound unrealistic? What can they tell when examining the current pump other than whether or not it's leaking? TIA

Was the replacement an OEM or cheaper aftermarket pump? How much more to replace it? I'd be inclined to do it now because you'll really be PO'd if it goes in 20k miles.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message wrote:

tensioners and belts. Saving a few dollars didn't seem like a good idea given how much I rely on my car.
On 1/27/2014 11:06 PM, Victek wrote:

Now you have 60,000 miles of peace of mind.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 1/27/2014 11:06 PM, Victek wrote:

about those specific parts :-)