37K & had to get new Rear brakes & rotors

which my mechanic was quite concerned on, having me call the dealer to see if warranty covered any before he did anything. No it doesn't. But under 3 years & warped rotors? He stated the first cheap part in
the car other than the dealer's tires that last 2 years.
| which my mechanic was quite concerned on, having me call the dealer to | see if warranty covered any before he did anything. No it doesn't. | But under 3 years & warped rotors? He stated the first cheap part in | the car other than the dealer's tires that last 2 years. |
Awesome, you failed to state what your car is. That's rule #1 for posting. I don't think that pads at 37k are bad wear -- it sounds pretty good to me. Depends where you're driving. In San Francisco, for instance, I'd think that 12,000 miles on a set of front pads might be right; longer for the rears. Warped rotors can be due to a few things, such as a tire installer carried away with his air hammer. Those tools have always bothered me. But can you get the guy to tighten the nuts by hand? Only by standing over him and yelling threats, I think. Or maybe slipping him a ten.
I'm in the San Francisco area, so none of this sounds so unusual to me.
Maybe Hyundaitech can add a few insights about your particular rotors. But he'll have to know what car you've got.
Richard
2002 Sante Fe in Cleveland OH
The rotors are actually covered for 5 years/60k miles against defect. There are a few technical sticking points, but it may have been possible to have the pads replaced and then have gone to the dealer for the rotor work.
Good rotors will last almost indefinitely without warping as long as they're not abused. 37k on pads on the Santa Fe is good.
I phoned the dealership on my speakerphone in the office of Tire Kingdom when the Technical Manager told me he was positive it was a warranty fix. They told me it is wear & tear not covered by warranty.
So today I read your post & phone Hyundai get a Supervisor named Miranda who again stated that over 35K is wear & tear & not warranty. She stated that they could have turned thte rotors & I told her they were beyond repair & needed to be replaced & the rotors were delivered form Ganley Motors in Parma OH for $210. Total bill for pads & rotors $360.71........ Hyundai states NOT COVERED!
He showed us the rotors going round for us to see the dark areas on the light field, OXYDIATION - first cheap part of a Hyundai he has seen....
hyundaitech wrote:

possible
rotor
Just to make sure, are you in the U.S.?
snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com wrote:

Oxidation (rust) is normal on rotors and it happens constantly. Perhaps he was showing you some porosity in the rotors, which is a defect that would necessitate replacement. Or perhaps, he was lying to you and telling you that a bit of rust was a reason to replace your rotors, which it definitely is not.
Miranda, Supervisor at Hyundai USA stated that it is normal wear & tear & not covered by warranty.
She told me to ask you where you got your info from. How about calling her & telling her off if she is insulting you.
37,000 isn't bad at all for pads & rotors, especially on a heavier vehicle like the Santa Fe. No manufacturer that I know of will warranty brakes beyond 12 months or 12,000 miles.

are those highway or city miles.
37K on brakes is not bad.
I had my rotors on my Elantra turned by the dealer at 18K as I was getting a pulse. But you can buy aftermarket rotors at some places for like $20 each and are easy to change and while at it some pads for $25 and you are set!
snipped-for-privacy@hirise.com

Both - as far as cheap rotors it's too late. $361 for rotors from a Hyndai dealship & pads with labor.
Waiting to hear from Hyndaitech on this..... The Commander wrote:

dealer to

doesn't.
part in

We still don't know what kind of car you drive or what kind of driving you do. I don't think they charged you enough, based on what I've read so far. You are on Earth, right?
Xiaoding
Ooops, just saw that reply, my bad. SUV's wear out sooner. Everything costs more. But hey, the uncomfortable ride and lack of room makes up for all that. :)
Xiaoding
John W wrote:

thats okay, The AWESOME WHINE has a history of abusing automobiles, and then complaining about them
ask her how she blew up her Saturn.............
-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1195 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
I had my rotors turned at the first 5000K after feeling grinding and then totally replaced at about 50K Not impressed but you need Brakes!

AH - Saturn had a faulty SW1 that mixed coolant with oil & recalled it after I filed a $1000 claim with State of Ohio AG with my Saturn tech at my side. He had just done the 30K maintenance 2 days before. Even he didn't know about it.

yeah, did you mention the fact that you had it idling for a long period of time, and boiled it over using it for commercial use (rent a cop college thing, if I recall right)
doubt you did
you just WHINE!!

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 322 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!