Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

05 Elantra GLS, where are O2 sensors located
My Son's car has a O2 sensor error (according to Advanced Auto) and we don't have a shop manual, looked online for a IPB or other and can't seem to find clear information. Anyone know the specific...
2
2

Do you believe Hyundai Service Depts. are too quick to sell you replacement parts (that are unnecessary) ?
I was on my way to Florida and had to swing into a Hyundai Dealer in Birmington, Al. because my 2002 SantaFe died all of a sudden on the Interstate ; fortunately, it re-started after a few minutes but...
15
15

99 Sonata Seat belt question
Are the two front seat belts interchangeable? I am considering switching the two since the drivers one won't retract and the passenger side still works. I assume I would have to switch buckles also....
2
2

What will be on Hyundai invoice ??
Hi, When I'm doing the negotiating with the salesman, what items will be on the table? Thinking of buying an 09 Elantra GLS, with standard option package. I can think of : List Price $17,xxx I think....
1
1

Rust 2007 Sonata
Hi You All, I have a 2007 Sonata, black. The other day I noticed three rust bubbles on the leading edge of the roof. Very concerned. Is this covered by the warranty? Irwin Opper
3
3

Intermittent speedometer problem
Twice in the last few weeks I've noticed the speedometer on my 2005 3.5L Santa Fe was not working. A minute later it was fine and did not malfunction for the rest of the ride. I've noticed this both...
3
3

Minor but irritating
Car is a 2002 Sonata but probably would apply to any car. Whenever windscreen wipers reverse direction there is a loudish (rubbery not metallic) noise . Sounds minor but after 1/2 hour of rain you...
1
1

Sonata rear brakes 2006
Just did the rear brakes on my 2006 and it seems like the inner parking brake pads seem to be rubbing. Any idea on why and what the fix would be? Thanks
4
4

2009 Sonata Automatic Transmission
I just test drove a 2009 Sonata SE 4cyl Auto. Noticed a Problem (?) with the transmission that concerned me. Up shifts were very firm. No slipping or delayed shifting or slamming into gear. Just a...
3
3

$14,800 good price for 09 Elantra?
Hi, I just test drove an 09 Elantra 4 door. I think it was the GLS. 4 cylinder. Standard options. Power windows, a/c. Handles really well. The salesmen said he wanted "upper 14's" for it. That's...
3
3

Just begun to change the plugs on the XG300
I have one question, I took of one coil, the rightmost one, and I smelled oil maybe a little burnt. Inside the walls of the shaft where the plug sits, there is oil, there is oil on the outside of the...
9
9

steering wheel problem?
a friend has an '05 Sonata, and has noticed some deterioration of the steering wheel rim. I haven't seen it yet, apparently a new finding. No known damage, no dogs chewing on it, no history of...
5
5

Hyundai working on a Tata Nano rival
It looks like the ultra-cheap cars market is starting to look very attractive to large carmakers, because Auto Express reports that Korean giant Hyundai has already started work on a new ultra cheap...

Question for HyundaiTech
The drivers seat belt on my 99 Sonata was not retracting so I decided to see if I could use some lubricate to loosen it up. I couldn't get to it very well recessed in the door column, so I decided to...
3
3

Timing Belt Question
When a timing belt is replaced isn't it customary to replace the tensioner also ? Striker
8
8