90 weight in Santa Fe?

Hello! I have a 04 Santa Fe. On Saturday, I was looking askance in parking lots at cars next to me to determine which one stanks like gear oil. Funny, I smelled the same thing yesterday in the driveway while heading out. So, I suspect it was my Hyundai emitting that pungent aroma!!

I remember that smell from my younger days pulling out my M21 out of my Camaro in my folks garage. But the Santa Fe has an automatic tranny. Where else is gear oil used in a Santa Fe? Or did I run over a puddle of gear oil?

PS....no drips found in the driveway!!!

Reply to
Dave Edwards

If you've got a 4wd, there will be gear oil in the transfer case and rear differential.

Reply to
hyundaitech