Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2008 HYUNDAI ELANTRA SE
Hello all. I just have a quick question, and just want to know if the noise that I am hearing is normal or not. I have a manual transmission. You know that rattle/chatter type noise that you get when...
2
2

fitting new front shock absorbers 1994 Lantra
The front shock absorbers on my 1994 Lantra need replacing. I am mechanically minded but have never done this job before. Is there a procedure I should follow? Thanks
1
1

Hyndai Excel 1998 battery drain
Hi Before I ring an auto elec., any ideas with this power drain/charge problem? Excel 98 1.5 litre dohc, non-carb, (electronic) Had RACV out as battery went flat whilst driving. Alternator belt was...
1
1

2002 Accent Reverse Lights Malfunctioning
My reverse lights are malfunctioning and I suspect it is the reverse lamp switch as the fuses and bulbs are ok. Where is the reverse lamp switch on a 2002 Accent with manual transmission? -- Message...
1
1

Trunk leaking 2003 Elantra
Hi everyone, I just got a 2003 Elantra GLS. After a recent heavy rain, I discovered that the trunk was soaking wet. Everything looks ok as far as the stripping goes, but I wouldn't really know what to...
3
3

advice: Accent 2001 manual,
What is a good manual to get for a 2001 Accent 3 door Hatchback. I tried to access the mauals on the Hyundia web site but they are anly available to the original owners of the vehicles. Thanks Kevin...
8
8

Transmission part number
What is the part number for a 2000 Elantra Tranny? What other model year transmissions will fit? Does F4A21 sound right? Thanks Dustin
1
1

2000 Hyundai Elantra Transmission Questions
Hey there!! I have a 2000 Hyundai Elantra with a rebuilt transmission with about 50k miles on it. just before the transmission was replaced and right after, it threw a DTC of P0722 Pulse Generator -...
3
3

Re: Transmission in '08 Santa Fe ?
I don't have any significant driving experience in the 2008 Santa Fe, but this transmission is indeed the same one (give or take some gear ratio differences or a 4WD attachment) that's in the Azera...

Engine Died (98 Hyundai Tiburon)
I recently came into the posession of a 98 Hyundai Tiburon FX and to my demise the timing belt slipped and it caused a bent valve or more. I was quoted a $2,600 repair for the existing engine. Now...
5
5

2 questions: Speedo correction for tires size, and Largest widthe and diameter "tested" on an 2003 Elantra GT.
I want to increase the diameter of the tires on my Elantra, and I would also like to increase the width slightly. I am looking at 18" X 8.5 or 9.5 wheels with 35 or 40 profile tires. This is surely...
8
8

Part Numbers for UK Hyundais
Can anyone tell me where I can find out the Hyundai part numbers for parts for my Lantra 1.6GSI registered in 2000? I could phone up the dealer but don't suppose they'd be happy to look these up for...

97 Elantra wont start
Ok. I have fuel pressure and good spark at all cylinders. The timing belt is tight, looks new (less than 20000 miles on it, no broken teeth, etc). Yet, this car will crank and crank, and almost catch...
5
5

Re: Transmission in '08 Santa Fe ?
Consider this -- of the thousands of Santa Fes sold, you read about a few people who we assume to be legitimate, truthful and intelligent, relaying such testimonies. That hardly constitutes a systemic...

Re: Transmission in '08 Santa Fe ?
There will always be a couple of people that either really do have a problem or perceive to have one when it does not exist. Obviously, the ones you quoted are very unhappy and will not allow...