94 Excel broken window winder

Hi, I have a 94 Excel where the window winder spins freely and the window is stuck in the up position. This is the second to break, the other is a rear window that never needs to be opened however this time
it's the driver side door. I have removed the cover panel but cant remove the winding mechanism as the window needs to be down for me to do this"according to the manual" Given that this is the second winder to break on this car can anyone tell me how to fix them or tell me if this is a known issue that hyundai "might" fix under warranty?
Thanks Terry
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Forget about warranty. My '94 Excel required periodic lubrication to keep the windows moving. If you haven't done that, it may be the cause of the failure. Hit a local junkyard for the necessary parts and you can fix it inexpensively.

I suspect you're out of luck on the warranty hope Terry. Nobody's going to warranty a 12 year old car.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Without knowing what is broken, there's no way to tell you how to fix it. If you go to hmaservice.com and set up an account (it's free), you can access online manuals for Hyundai cars at no charge. I just checked and the '94 Excel manual is online, and there is a full breakdown of the window mechanism under "Body (Interior and Exterior)...Front Door.
You're pretty much going to have to mess around with it until you can get everything loose.
Presuming the regulator is stripped and not the handle, you may be able to manually lower the glass by pushing it down. If not, you may be able to get your arm inside and unbolt the window from the regulator while it's up in the door. Be prepared for nasty scrapes if you're doing this. Or, you could try to unbolt the regulator from the door and move everything to a position more friendly for removing the window from the regulator.