94 Excell Clutch leak

My daughters Excell broke down today. I had to drive it home with no clutch through a traffic jam, Lots of fun. It leaks the fluid out the bottom around
a rubber boot (it was dark and I could just see slightly) everytime the clutch is depressed. It will not generate enough pressure to activate the clutch. I will start working on it tomorrow. Is there something specific this could be, maybe something common with this car. Thanks Rob
It sounds like the item attached to the rubber boot (I suspect it's the release cylinder on the side of the transmission) is leaking. Expect to replace it.

Would that be the same as the "slave cylinder?"
Indeed. That would be the same.
Rob wrote:

Yes, same thing, different terminology. Oddly, the master cylinder is always called the master cylinder, regardless of what the slave is called. Perhaps it's a PC thing. ;-)