’96 center high mounted stop lamp (CHMSL) (Accent)

My CHMSL (the brake light in the back windshield) light bulb burned out, so I fetched myself some new bulbs for it, and when I got home to put them in, I couldn?t figure out how to open the CHMSL. I unscrewed some things, and now it?s dangling in my trunk by two wires (black and green).

I can?t seem to open the little capsule thing in which the light bulb is in.

If anyone could tell me how, that?d be awesome.

Thanks!

Reply to
hgmecham

There are about four to six Phillips screws holding the housing together. You'll need to remove them and take the housing apart.

A frequent failure in this lamp is that the plastic melts around the ground lug. To repair, I typically move the lug on top of the socket bracket and reinstall the screw.

Reply to
hyundaitech