96 hyundai 1.5 DOHC NO SPARK

I'd put new rod and main bearings in along with the front crank and rear main seals. You'll need a new gasket for the oil pump/front case assembly. Since you've got the timing belt off, you should probably replace the timing and drive belts.

Reply to
hyundaitech

pulsarbird via CarKB.com

this is a great thread! i was just down by my stepson's and he has the same problem (no spark,no start)on his 2001 Accent. he took it to the dealer who put in 2 coil paks and a crank position sensor and the car ran for 2 days and now the same problem. i checked the coils ,plug wires,for resistance and they were fine but no spark, i also tested the wires with a spark plug tester, nothing. i also checked the coil harnesses to ground with key on and got battery voltage. could this be the same problem as above ? he's calling and having it taken back to dealer to fix it again. we looked for the cranksensor but couldn't see it right away and it was getting cold and dark out. any suggestions or advice. this 1st trip to the dealer cost him $400.00. thanks Randy

pulsarbird wrote:

Reply to
randypape