97 Elantra wont start

Ok. I have fuel pressure and good spark at all cylinders. The timing belt is tight, looks new (less than 20000 miles on it, no broken teeth, etc).
Yet, this car will crank and crank, and almost catch but will not run. Seems like the timing is ever so sligtly off. But it happened overnight. Came home parked the car, came out the next morning and it wouldn't start. Checked the fuel for water, no luck there. My OBD reader doesn't seem to work in this car for some reason.
Question is would I get spark and fuel pressure if the ECU were dead, or the crank pos sensor were bad, or the cam pos sensor were bad?
Any insight appreciated.
I have a similar problem on my 1.6 Lantra (UK version of Elantra). I fiddled with the leads to check if I was getting a spark (connected up a dummy plug to one lead); then the engine seemed to catch so put the lead back and it went. I don't trust it now though; was a bit 'iffy' today, turned over, nearly stopped, like it was firing prematurely, but then did go. Anyway reading around it could be any of: plugs, leads, coil pack, camshaft, or crankshaft sensors. Its so difficult to diagnose with everything interelated. You could start with the plugs; take one out and see if its fouled. If so burn off any oil fuel and replace, repeat with the others. After that and checking for a spark, you will need some test gear and money!
Actually took all four spark plugs out and laid them on top of the block to ground them and had a friend turn the starter on. Good good bright flash on all four.

Spark indicates ECM and crank sensor are operating. Heck, it'll still start if only the cam sensor is not working. How did you check fuel pressure?
Also, try to find an OBDII reader that'll work on the car. Your answer may already be ther.
To check fuel pressure, I pulled the outlet side off the fuel filter and cranked the motor. Didn't actually check the 'pressure' - just wanted to be sure there was pump action.
Looks like I'm going to have to spring for a decent OBDII reader. The one I have works fine on my other vehicles, but ....
Thanks for the tip on the spark indicating good ECM, that 's what I was hoping.

If you read the trouble codes and still don't have anything worthwhile, check the actual fuel pressure.