97 sonata

Having a problem with transmission, please help, after adding ATF (mistake) and changing filter with wrong fluid tranny began to lurch from 2nd to 3rd gear and engine rpm began reving to 3000rpm and higher
sometimes before down shifting. had system flushed by dealer $167.00 later still doing it, but only after 5-10 min after warm up. Anyone know what I can do???? please help.

If the tranny is not damaged, another flush may help. Depends how much of the contaminated fluid was removed.
    S25
"" wrote: > On 13 Sep 2005 12:44:27 -0400, freefly
> wrote: > > >Having a problem with transmission, please help, after adding > ATF > >(mistake) and changing filter with wrong fluid tranny began > to lurch > >from 2nd to 3rd gear and engine rpm began reving to 3000rpm > and higher > >sometimes before down shifting. had system flushed by dealer > $167.00 > >later still doing it, but only after 5-10 min after warm up. > Anyone > >know what I can do???? please help. > >======================= > > If the tranny is not damaged, another flush may help. > Depends > how much of the contaminated fluid was removed. > >     S25
thanks for your time, appriciate it.
These transmissions were particularly unreliable, in my opinion. It's probably worthwhile to have a trans diagnostic done or going somewhere where they'll at least check your trouble codes. No transmission related dtc's probably means major transmission work.