97 Tiburon

I am looking at a cylinder head on ebay. My tib has a 1.8 L engine. The head is from a 99 elantra 2.0 L; the seller says "The only casting numbers on this head are 10C 2.0L 1.8L". Can anyone tell me if this will fit my car? I thought that the 1.8 and 2.0 heads were the same. Haven't posted on this group in long time. Long time ago I had a rotten meat smell in my vents after leaving hamburger meat in my car, ha ha! Everyone thought I was a troll but it took couple of years for it to fade.

Reply to
The Joe Man

According to the parts catalog, the 1.8 and 2.0 heads are the same, but there was a change at 9/10/97 from part # 22100-23000 to 22100-23001. According to the catalog, the heads are not interchangeable, but it also doesn't indicate the actual difference between the heads. It could be important or not.

Reply to
hyundaitech