98 Hyundai Accent (automatic)

The Problem i am having i'd be driving at highway speed and the transmission would not shift at the right time It would run a high rpms with the overdrive on and when it would shift it would stay at
that high gear and would not return to low gears and would only return back normal if i pulled over and switched off.. I switch off.. back on and it drives like normal.. Drive a few days in town no problem but up to high speeds(50 to60mph) issue would accure again.
Any ideas what the problem could be?
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 30, 10:25 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Could be an issue with one of the pulse generators (or a host of other things). Start by checking the diagnostic trouble codes in the transmission. The symptoms you describe are consistent with the transmission entering failsafe, so your check engine lamp should have come on and there should be at least one trouble code stored in the transmission computer.
Add pictures here
✖

Yes the check engine light is on. The codes showed up as a o2 sensor and a speed sensor. The local parts stores i have checked with are unable order the speed sensor is that a part of the pulse generators?. I am not familar with the newer cars. the thing i so confused by it when you turn the car off and back on it works normal. Is there a way for me to check the connection of that sensor with out having to reset any codes?
Add pictures here
✖

In most cases, the speed sensors work intermittently and a resistance check shows nothing abnormal. Most likely, the speed sensor code is for one of the pulse generators, but if you can tell me the code numbers I can verify that-- there are a few things referred to as speed sensors. A proper diagnosis would require a scan tool to monitor the output of the pulse generators. These pulse generators (also referred to as input and output speed sensors) are critical for the transmission computer to correctly coordinate shifting. If that's all your problem is, it's a relatively minor repair.
Add pictures here
✖

Ok thank you for you help I will stop at the auto shop tomrrow and have them run the diagnosis and get you the code numbers.
Add pictures here
✖
OK thank you for you help i will stop and have the diagnostic test done tomorrow and will get you those code numbers i really do appreciate your help.
Add pictures here
✖