98 Hyundai tiburon--uneven idle

I have a 98 Hyundai Tiburon--the 4 cylinder, it's automatic. When idling, every once in awhile the idle speeds up for no reason and then slows back down. The garage is telling me
its a warped or bent cam shaft. I'm not buying that. How often does a 4 cylinder get a bent cam shaft?? (This car has never been wrecked--even wrecked, does the cam shaft get bent--unless it's head-on totalled.)
Suggestions? New computer chip? New oxygen sensor? New idler arm or something? Definitely going to a new mechanic. I swear they see a girl coming, and the $ signs ring up in their eyes.
Thanks in advance!
has all the maitenance been kept up? and yes thyre trying to rip you... stay away from them... go get your computer scanned at a reputable hyundai garage. idler arm is a front end compoment not part of the engine..

It could be something as simple as a poor connection at the throttle position sensor.