98 Sonata charging problems

about an hours worth of driving, the charging system fails, I replaced the battery as per Sears diagnostics recommeded that ) batter was dead. (battery
was still under warrnty, so it was a free replacement)

So, what are you saying? Are you saying you still have a problem after replacing the battery, or are you just letting everyone know that the Sears diagnostic pinpointed your problem? If you're still having problems, an explanation using full sentences usually helps others understand what you're trying to say.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

darn news thing sent the message before i was done,sorry.. relisted it .
Hello, About an hours worth of driving, the charging system fails, I replaced the battery as per Sears diagnostics recommended that the batter was dead. (battery was still under warranty, so it was a free replacement) they indicated the alternator was working just fine......... Next day, the same thing happened, dies on me and after an hour or so of driving. After it if cools off, I can jump start it, and runs fine for about an hour again...... I'm guessing the alternator needs replacing.???.. but I've heard there's a separate voltage regulator ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! Dave
Sometimes the alternators work when cold and then fail to work when hot. The voltage regulator is part of the alternator. I suspect replacing the alternator will repair your issue.
"news" wrote: > >> > >> > > > > So, what are you saying? Are you saying you still have a > problem after > > replacing the battery, or are you just letting everyone know > that the > > Sears > > diagnostic pinpointed your problem? If you're still having > problems, an > > explanation using full sentences usually helps others > understand what > > you're > > trying to say. > > > > -- > > > > -Mike- > > snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net > > > > > > darn news thing sent the message before i was done,sorry.. > relisted it . > > Hello, > About an hours worth of driving, the charging system fails, I > replaced the > battery as per Sears diagnostics recommended that the batter > was dead. > (battery was still under warranty, so it was a free > replacement) they > indicated the alternator was working just fine......... Next > day, the same > thing happened, dies on me and after an hour or so of driving. > After it if > cools off, I can jump start it, and runs fine for about an > hour again...... > I'm guessing the alternator needs replacing.???.. but I've > heard there's a > separate voltage regulator ??? Any help would be greatly > appreciated. > THANKS! > Dave