99 accent again

tech one other question: when I changed the plugs this summer I acidentally tore the boot part of one plug when taking it off. I sealed it, and wrapped it in electrical tape. But nothing's happend till
now. Do you think there ,might be odd chance thats what causing my stutter/jerk/missfire problem? when it tore, i could see the end of the wire that snaps onto the plug.... when i misted every thing good at night i did not see no sparks.. I would have repplced the wire, but im 2 hrs from nearest parts store and kinda forgot about that till now ;P
It's definitely possible, but I hesitate to put a probability on it because I don't have a real good idea of what you're actually feeling. If the repair facility is significantly closer, perhaps hedge your bets as you think best suits the situation. If not, I'd probably try for the wire set if it were my car.
If you're not buying OEM Hyundai parts, be sure to not save money by purchasing a less expensive wire set. Go with a high quality wire set. I've learned my lesson on plug wires the hard way.
the wire set i bought were made by 'Princo'.. I dont know why, but if engine is not fully warm if acellerates fine.. When its hot, I get the sensation like when your in to high of a gear for the speed for a second or two. no $ here to spare, dealers 4 hrs away =(

Never heard of Princo, so nothing to offer. Good luck.
Jody wrote:

I just bought a set of Xact plug wires from Advance Auto Parts for my son's 2000 Accent. While they were a good fit, I'm still trying to find where that 5th wire goes. <G>