99 accent clutch

just had clutch replaced and when you start the car the clutch makes a screethin sound for about a minute till it warms up a bit. sound goes away when I push the clutch in...

Usually, bad throwout bearings act just the opposite-- they make a loud screeching noise when the pedal is depressed. Nonetheless, I'd primarily suspect the throwout bearing, but there are a few possibilities. I'd recommend taking it back to the shop that replaced the clutch.

Sounds more like a pilot bearing to me because as you say - the throw out bearing usually acts just the opposite. The pilot bearing will act just this way.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Yes, you are correct Chris. My bad.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
i just have a feeling theyre gonna blame the non hyundai clutch. hes mentioned it once, in last message i told ya guys what he said.. ive seen a few other 5 spds our vintage and they seem noisy too

Why'd they use a non-Hyundai clutch? If they chose the parts, then I think they'd be on the hook for making sure the parts are correct.
Ordinarily, that would be sound logic, but Hyundai doesn't use a pilot bearing. I suppose it could be the input shaft against the crank bushing. That certainly makes a little more sense than my original idea.
i remmebr in 2001 they redid all our input shaft berrings

i have that feeling, i was told to wait a week and see if it changes. itts been a month.....

where is the pilot bearing? i know in clutch kit there was big roiund plastic looking one i think thats the clutch release, the other was a metal bearing about size of a large lifesaver... they told me the car diddnt need the lil one put in it was fine... ( i wassnt impressed when i was told that when picking up) all new parts should have wen t in. so........ since they said thyer diddnt put it in, kinda up to them top refix non? i assume thyre l;ooking for another blame ;like he mentioned if its because not a hyun clutch maybye its sound clutch setting in. thats when i said u did the clutch a month ago, ive done several 8 hrs drives since. should be broken in by now... grrrrrrrr, hes my ex hyun ser manager, now at kia i go there because i trusted him, and he gives me deals... lets see now how much longer i trust.... rear brake still squeeks when sitting still or moving when its applied also. they said thery replaced the cylinder in back and clean/lubed rear brakes. they why still same eek when brake moves inside, or its smeting in there...

Jody wrote:

It is in the center of the flywheel on the back of the engine and is used to support the nose of the transmission shaft. It is what you stick the clutch disk alignment tool into so that the transmission shaft will align with the clutch disk and pilot bearing when you are installing the transmission.
Matt
Let's see.
1. The noise wasn't there before they replaced the clutch. 2. The noise was present immediately after the clutch was replaced. 3. The noise goes away when depressing the clutch pedal.
It would seem to me that the probability of the noise being somehow related to the repair would be rather high. I think the onus is on the repair facility to determine what's causing the noise and stop with the "maybes."
Jody wrote:

How much did that run you?
Chris
180.00 and 450.00 cdn $