'99 Accent GSI Clutch Question

Does the clutch require grease to operate smoothly? It feels sort of rough. Like it needs to be oiled or something. Also when I push the clutch in, it makes a sound like air escaping. Is that normal?

Chris

Reply to
Guncho

Anything having to do with the release fork, throwout bearing, or the input shaft splines can be binding. Check where the release cylinder contacts the release fork and make sure everything looks okay there. Other than that, it'll require pulling the trans to inspect and repair, so I wouldn't recommend that until you're ready to replace the clutch.

Reply to
hyundaitech