99 accent tie rod

Well went to canadian tire other day for a oil change and i was told my left outer tie rod end is Very worn. odd, because the stearing still tight and i dont hear that tell tale rattle
rattle like my sisters excell did over bumps... how can i verify this my self ? thx guys =)

with right side.
BTW - did you do your rear brakes yet? I am doing mine now and found a couple more bits of info.
thanks guy, heh heh heres the kicker i still have 70% shoes left.... just dirt n crap i guess making the scraping sounds. theyve allways seem to done that. must been a stone or something making the scree sound last few times