99 Elantra code P0441

Please help, If you can. My check engine light came on, So I brought it to auto barn and they hooked up the computer and P0441 came up which means evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow. My question is, is there any way to fix it myself. I work on my own cars and would like to do it myself if i could. Thanks

The purge valve is stuck open. This is a common problem with hyundai elantra. The previous design of the solenoid valve is defective. The new design adopts a filter, which makes the valve last longer. The new valve costs about $100. Labour costs about the same amount. You may save the labour cost if you can DIY.

"" wrote: > The purge valve is stuck open. > This is a common problem with hyundai elantra. The previous > design of the > solenoid valve is defective. The new design adopts a filter, > which makes the > valve last longer. The new valve costs about $100. Labour > costs about the > same amount. You may save the labour cost if you can DIY.

Hey thanks peter2, Where is the purge vavle located.