99 Sonata ABS and TCS lights are on.

Hello,

A few months ago, my check engine light came on. The ABS and TCS also came on. I took it down to AutoZone and they ran a code on it. It came back saying that there was an issue with the speed sensor. The car would start hesitating around 5000 rpms and not accelerate properly. If I put the car in neutral, I could red line the vehicle if I wanted to.

Long story short, I ended up replacing the input and output speed sensors. The check engine went off, but the ABS and TCS lights stayed on. The vehicle did not hesitate at 5K.

A couple of days later the check engine light came back on, and the hesitation returned. I disconnected the battery and then reconnected, the check enginge light went off and no hesitation.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on here? Help would be much appreciated!

-Cameron

-- Message posted using

information at

schwartzcy

Presuming it's a V6, it's could be an issue with the vehicle speed sensor, at the right front whee. But without actual trouble codes (and knowing whether it's a four cylinder or V6), there's no actual way to do much more than guess. At this point, I'd recommend having a look at the tone wheel on the right axle. If you see nothing, wait until the lamps resurface, have the codes checked, and report the actual code numbers.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech