99 Sonata Door Locks Weirdness

Just had a quick question on a used Sonata I bought. The owner before me installed a remote starter himself (judging by the rat's nest of wires..), and it comes with keyless entry. Now what I noticed is that
if I flip the lock on the driver's side, only the driver's side locks, but if I flip the lock on the passenger side, all four doors unlock. The same goes for using the key on the outside of the door. Keyless entry works normally and disconnects all doors, though. Any idea what the problem could be and how I go about fixing it?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

If you mean that the driver's side doorlock switch and key UNlock only the driver's door, and the passenger side unlocks all doors, that's the way both our 1999-2001 Sonatas operate. "It's not a bug, it's a feature".
Harry