99 sonata hard starting...Problem fixed

Hello again... I just wanted to update the forum for the Sonata extended crank time (hard starts) I've had. Per HYUNDAITECH's suggestion that it was the fuel regulator, I replaced it (only $30 for the part). Thanks HYUNDAITECH for pointing me in the right direction, because that is what the problem was...it starts great every time now.

The only problem is: this is the 3rd regulator that has had to be replaced on my car (I had the dealer pull warranty records from the previous owner) I've only got 60k miles on it, it seems a bit much to me for it to fail that many times!

Reply to
99trooper

I've seen none of the regulators fail on this particular vehicle (99-05 Sonata). Possibly something in the gas, but I doubt it.

Reply to
hyundaitech

__ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

Well we do have reformulated gas here in Wisconsin, and I know last year people had injector problems (I think they found too high of a sulfer content due to the ethanol in the gas). I thought the dealer would have picked up on something after the 1st 2 failed...

The parts guy said they go through a lot of them...the service guy said it wasn't that common of a part to fail, so who knows...

Thanks again HYUNDAITECH for your info on this

Reply to
99trooper

Sorry about that Arold. Actually in many cases I'd like to quote something from the original post, but I've been unable to find any way to do that on

Please don't view my lack of quoting to be an indication of apathy. I've simply been unable to do it. I will, as much as possible, try to make my responses clear enough to imply what was asked.

Reply to
hyundaitech