99 Sonata - no power at times

I just bought a 1999 2.4L, 4 cyl. Hyundai Sonata. Occassionally I step on the gas and the car will barely move, then after a few seconds it will start to go. This seems to happen only within the first
15 minutes of starting the car and when I am taking off from a complete stop. I have changed the plugs, wires, head gasket, transmission fluid&filter, oil fluid&filter,timing belt&crankcase sensor. The Engine light is on (solid). The engine code is Error Code:171 Left Bank Lean. Any ideas? Thanks!
You'll want to check to see if unmetered air (i.e. not going through the air flow sensor) is entering the engine. Check the PCV valve hose for breaks. Check the hose between the throttle body and the air flow sensor to be sure it's installed properly and has no cuts or breaks which would allow air to enter.
If all that is okay, you probably have a problem with your upstream oxygen sensor or your air flow sensor.
99Sonata wrote:

I'm not sure how an inline 4 can have a "left bank", but I'm not real familiar with Hyundai codes. I'd take it to a reputable garage and have them take a look. Sounds like you aren't getting sufficient fuel and this could be due to a number of problems such as fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, fuel injector, sensor error, etc.
Matt
On inline engines, the codes for "Bank 1" or "left bank" are used, and the codes for "bank 2" or "right bank" are not. It's pretty standard terminology, but I understand how it can be confusing.