A note for those that don't have spares:

I bought this for my wife's 2014 Hyundai. I tried to find a used one, but could not locate one. They must buy genuine Hyundai kits and add their own spare to it. I put it on today and everything was
perfect....sure I wish it was cheaper....but safetly is worth it. This is the kit I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2016-OEM-Hyundai-Accent-5-DOOR-SPARE-TIRE-KIT-TIRE-MOUNTED-1RF40-AC930-/221716958392?hash=item339f5c4cb8:g:miMAAMXQoiJRgUEh&vxp=mtr
On 4/14/2016 6:47 PM, jtees4 wrote:

Worth it IMO. Seems that leaving out the spare has become popular with many car makers. I'm not going without. I ve been caught a couple of times where the flat kit woud not work.

I never had to use the flat kit, but I certainly wouldn't trust it...especially for my wife. My 2014 Elantra came with a spare luckily.

Thanks.
When I bought my 2013 Elantra, I never occurred to me that there might not be at least a "donut" spare as it had been 10 or 12 years since I bought a new car. I've learned my lessons: 1) never assume, 2) never buy another Hyundai.
On 4/16/2016 6:20 AM, CRNG wrote:

Then make sure you don't assume again. Many car manufacturers have eliminated the spare tire, both foreign and domestic brands. There was a list published and I was astonished at some of the upscale models with no spare. Even Cadillac
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/08/your-next-car-may-not-have-a-spare-tire/index.htm
I've had only two flats in the past 15 or so years, neither would have been helped with an inflator kit. One had a gashed sidewall, the other was a big body bolt through the tread.

I agree on the spare, but I don't agree on not buying another Hyundai. I am on my 5th...they have been amazingly dependable compared since I bought my first in 2003.

I've purshased 4 Hyundais, I have 20 years driving experience with the first three. I've had my forth 6 months (Genesis). The cars always started, never broke down and passed the government annual check (MOT test) first time every time. Totolly reliable, I would not refuse to buy another over something like the spare tyre.
cheers Nick