Accent 2000 transmission dip stick

Hi,
Can some one tell me where the transmission dip stick is located on a 2000 Accent GS?
Thanks

kdf wrote:

If its an automatic transmission, its staring you right in the face on the right hand side of the engine compartment near the battery.
If its a manual transmission, it doesn't have a dip stick that I'm aware of.

Okay, thanks, it's a manual transmission. If it doesn't have a dip stick how do you check transmission fluid?

You don't. Unless things have changed, manual transmissions never need a fluid change and only need it added if it leaks, a rarity. There may be a plug on the side to check it though.
If you don't have one already, get a free account at www.hmaservice.com , check the Site Requirements as you may have to get an Adobe viewer for the photos, then you can find all sorts of information like you are asking about.

It is shown in the owners hand book as is the frequency in wich it needs to be changed and what kind of gear oil. The fluid does need to be changed. On my '05 Accent, there is a drain plug on the drivers side that you get to through the wheel well, and refill through a plug on the top of the trans. under the air box. Your hand book will show you the location in a picture. Bill