Accent 2000 V Reg, CEL light on three times in 4 weeks

OKay bought the car from a local garage (UK)

Had CEL light on within 2 days took it back and they diagnosed lean mixture, he revved the engine to 3000 and he says the light went out so he reset it basically.

Took car away and the CEL came on with 50 miles surprise surprise, this time they decide to change the front box on the exhaust cause they say it was blowing and the sensor was picking this up - same again Lean Mixture diagnosed.

Got the car back and within 100 miles again the fecking light is on, now I know the next two parts of the Lean Mixture flowchart are:

  1. Fuel Flow
  2. Fuel Pump

and then the big one the main O2 sensors.

To be honest I do not want to be travelling 40 miles round trip to this garage everytime the CEL comes on as it is a bain, they will not let me get the diagnoses and repairs done at a garage nearer to me and bill them.

I have told them I want this fixing this time or I want a Full Refund as its an independant, I will name and shame them if they do not fix the problem soon.

Anyone had any similair problems from small independant garages?

Reply to
Rob Nevis

Perhaps you should refer them to TSB 01-36-022. It gives a diagnostic method for code P1128, which I suspect you have. You probably need a new air flow sensor. If they can access the tsb, they'll be able to find out.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Its going into a Hyundai Garage on Friday paid for by the Independant Garage that sold me the car.

Also I have noticed this evening whilst driving a tapping sound coming from the rocker head, guess its the tappets but do not know if this is the same prob or something completely different sure is starting to piss me off though.

Reply to
Rob Nevis

From the details you've given, I'd say the tapping is a different problem.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Update :--

Took it to Doncaster Hyundai and they did the diagnos and surprise surprise it came back as P1128 and next Saturday they are going to replace the Mass Air Flow Sensors - about bloody time, been telling the garage that has been the problem from day one but they did not listen to me!!!

Lovely car to drive is the Accent CDX but what a balls ache all this trouble has been with the CEL.

Reply to
Rob Nevis