Accent Immobiliser

Hi all, Have to change the ECU, Immobiliser module, Key and barrel on my wifes 99 accent. Only problem is to find the immobiliser module. What does it look like and where does it live.
Any help greatly appreciated. Mark....

Accent 00MY has no immobilizer unit, but SMARTRA immobilizer (toghether with ECM - engine control module). There's one more component, immobilizer antenna, located just where you put key to switch engine on.
by, buzz

with
put
This is the full story. Car was intermittant no start slowly got worse. Went to dealer for diagnosis they tried a used immobiliser module but said the module would not code to the ECM so they put in the matching ECM whch worked. Bill for new parts around 1500 euro plus labour. Decided having repair completed at the dealer to expensive. Had to Tow the car away despite it having driven in. My plan was to replace ECM Key and barrel + the immobiliser module with parts from a crashed accent. I have changed the ECM, Key and Barrel and the Smartra antenna just to be sure. As you can read above there is no immobiliser module. Car still no start. Have changed the coil pack as well just in case. Any ides where to look from here?

First of all, I don't know where are you located, but ECM new goes around 450 Euros. Then, re-using old parts from a donor vehicle is not easy, because old ECM can be recovered but only if neutralized on the originary vehicle. Furthermore, you shoud anyway know PIN number (6 codes) from a dealer or importer, who have an algorithm to code it starting from VIN number of the car. You should let car be checked by SCAN or HY-SCAN and look if any code stored in memory. Then, I can suggest (if immobilizer system now works properly) to replace both cranckshaft and camshaft position sensors, they usually stop engine when fail, and aren't too expensive as well. Let me know, bye
buzz
Update for anyone with same problem. Turns out here is a seperate module for the immobiliser it is located just above the relays behind the dashboard. easiest way to get to it is to remove the light witch panel to the right of the steering wheel (RHD) and it is held in with a 10mm bolt. Good luck. Mark.....

my
Went
despite