Accent timing belt

'06 Accent, just hit 100,000 km so it's time to have the timing belt replaced. As this is a big job, is there anything else I should also have done at this time?

Only complaint so far is the car seems to like hitting stationary objects (when my son is driving). Otherwise, car and dealership have been good so far. My son has been key in customizing the front end, and dealership has been good in doing follow up repairs.

Won't buy another Accent, too noisy and a bit small. Probably get the Elantra for my next car.

Regards, and thanks in advance.

Reply to
Chuck

As timing belt jobs go, this is relatively small. If you haven't had the drive belts replaced yet, you may want to do that at the same time. The A/C belt is usually quite cracked by the time the timing belt is due to be replaced.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Isn't the timing belt due at 60k?

I did all the drive belts when I had mine replaced.

Reply to
Mooron
60K miles equals 100,000 Km (Kilometers)

Isn't the timing belt due at 60k?

.
Reply to
Partner