advice: Accent 2001 manual,

What is a good manual to get for a 2001 Accent 3 door Hatchback. I tried to access the mauals on the Hyundia web site but they are anly available to the original owners of the vehicles.

Thanks

Kevin

--

Reply to
Kevin Duggan

Are you sure about this. I use the dealer's account, so I don't have a personal one. But I just went to

and clicked on the create an account link, and I don't see anywhere that it asks for a vin. I therefore conclude it has no way of determining whether you're an original owner.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Go out to hmaservice.com. Register there and you'll find more than just the owner's manual. You'll find service manuals, etc.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I am on a Mac, when I click the user aggreement link after inputting all info it pops up a blank window which is supposed to contain a User aggreement.

I looked at the code for the web (using Firefox browser & clicking on the link while pressing the comand button which gives a option to look at the page source/code) and found the address of the User Aggreement page, which I pasted in the address bar,....which was now viewable but still would not work.

I did the same with the contact link using Firefox as the browser, found the contact number and called today and after giviing the woman all my info including vin# she tells me only original owners are allowed access to this site.

Maybe I will have better luck if I get on a PC I think maybe the pages were optimized for Internet Explorer which is only available for PC's

Thanks

Kevin

personal one. But I just went to

create an account link, and I don't see anywhere that it asks for a vin.

I therefore conclude it has no way of determining whether you're an original owner.

-- Message posted using

information at

Reply to
Kevin Duggan

She has NOT IDEA, what she's talking about, anybody can open an account, you enter your VIN to find specific info for your car.

That's is the real problem, the site does NOT work with FF, not in the Mac, neither in Windows, that is one of the reasons I still have IE on my system. After you get your account open, you can use FF for some things, but to look at diagrams you need to go back at IE again .... No idea if Safari or Opera works.

Reply to
Vic Hyu Garcia

She is grossly mistaken. We've never purchased a new Hyundai - always buy used, and I've had no such problems.

Argh! I thought someone had posted that this problem was fixed, but I guess not. The site historically required use of IE (what kind of brain-dead programming is that?), and additionally you'll have to download the Adobe SVG viewer, but I thought someone had posted that they were lately able to navigate the site completely using Firefox. Guess we throw that one out. Well, as sucky as it is, you'll have to get to an IE machine and go at it that way.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I've used it in Safari, though not for registration. It works fine for my purposes.

Reply to
Matthew Fedder

I used a PC to register in work, so registration it seems is not possible on a Macintosh OS. The good news is once registered everything works fine on a Mac so, .....

I found some great info, just wondering if changing the sensor is way beyond me.

I found some good information in the TSB section, What does TSB stand for or ODB, ETM, DTC.?

I know a person who is a mechanic I think I will ask him to help, or pay him I guess would be more like it.

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Duggan

All's well that ends well.

Not necessarily beyond you but if you don't have some basic understanding of how car systems interact, you can quickly throw tons of money at things and not fix anything in the process. But - you'll have lots of new parts in your car...

TSB - Technical Service Bulletin - a technical advisory published by the manufacturer OBD - Onboard Diagnostic DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Code

That would probably be advisable.

Reply to
Mike Marlow