Airbag light

I have a 2000 Sonata and the airbag light came on, is there a way to reset this

Thanks MrBlues

Reply to
MrBlues

Why did the lamp come on? If you haven't done anything to cause the lamp to come on, you should find out what diagnostic code is present and have the air bag system appropriately repaired prior to turning out the lamp. The fact that this lamp is on probably indicates you have a problem with your air bag system that may keep the system from operating properly.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The lamp came on while driving to Colorado and then went out, it would come on intermittently at times and now just stays on all the time, will go to autozone and have them pull the code

Reply to
MrBlues

check the wires under the seat of driver or codriver.. we had the same problem, for months. in service then could not find aything.. and then.. we figured it out... it was my moms shoes that wore stuck there on the wire.. now that we moved wire out of the way.. there is no more airbag light....

those guys at service did help a lot.. but .. there was nothing wrong.. and no one did every thing that something like that could be a problem..

Andy

Reply to
Andy