alarm and door locks; 2005 Sonata V6

I thank everyone who replied to my initial post "Alarm in 2005 Sonata".
Now I have a separate problem with the alarm/door locks in my 2005 Sonata.
The problem is associated with the Passenger Door. It executes a 'door closing request' without anyone asking for it. Examples: * passenger opens his door to get into the car. As soon as he enters and closes the door, the door executes a 'door closing request' without anyone asking for it. * when the passenger opens the door to exit the car, the door executes a 'door closing request' and the door gets locked again.
These examples have a certain amount of randomness - but they occur about 85% to 90% of the time.
I have no idea where to look for the problem or where to take the car for repair.
Thanks, Ogato
I've never before heard the term "door closing request." Can you explain what this is?
On 8/8/2013 6:06 PM, hyundaitech wrote:

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:06:50 PM UTC-4, hyundaitech wrote:

The way I am thinking, when I push the lock switch to the "LOCK" position I am doing a "door closing request".
What is happening is that the car locks itself without my doing a "door closing request". In other words, without me or anyone else having pushed the lock switch.
Thanks for your prompt reply !!
On Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:17:18 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'd suspect a short circuit somewhere, in the switch on the passenger door or in the passenger door latch, or in the wiring going to or in the door.
To investigate, remove the switch assembly and unplug. If the problem goes away, it's in the switch.
If it's still there, remove the door trim panel and unplug the latch. If t he problem goes away, it's in the latch.
If it's still there, expect to find a wiring issue. Check the harness insi de the door (while you have the trim panel off to make sure none of the wir ing has rubbed its insulation off and is touching metal. Next, check the w iring in the loom between the body and door. This is the most common locat ion for door harness wiring breaks.
On Friday, August 9, 2013 12:44:36 PM UTC-4, hyundaitech wrote:

iring has rubbed its insulation off and is touching metal. Next, check the wiring in the loom between the body and door. This is the most common loc ation for door harness wiring breaks.
Thanks for the analysis of the problem.
I see clearly that it is beyond what a 'handyman' can do. Guess I'll visit a Hyundai dealer sometime soon. Ogato