Alarm Remote

I have a 99 Elantra GLS and when the battery died, so did the alarm remote. Now normally the remote would be used for disarming the alarm to start the
car, that's if the alarm went off, but in my case the remote doesn't even work. The car will start, can't arm or disarm. What should I do?
There is a TSB on the Hyundai Tech site http://www.hmaservice.com/index.jsp on how to reprogram your system, depending on what type you have. When you find it, in the ELECTRICAL TSB area, then under SECURITY SYSEM RESET, print it off for the Hyundai people. My very brief read leads me to believe you will need a programmer to reset things.
You can search around there for the problems about your tranny too. (another post by you?) There are lots of tranny bulletins for the Hyundai tech to refer to, depending on your symptoms. Sounds like they are too lazy to check them out themselves.
Good luck

remote.
the