Alarm Remote

I have a 99 Elantra GLS and when the battery died, so did the alarm remote. Now normally the remote would be used for disarming the alarm to start the car, that's if the alarm went off, but in my case the remote doesn't even work. The car will start, can't arm or disarm. What should I do?

Reply to
marid

There is a TSB on the Hyundai Tech site

how to reprogram your system, depending on what type you have. When youfind it, in the ELECTRICAL TSB area, then under SECURITY SYSEM RESET, printit off for the Hyundai people. My very brief read leads me to believe youwill need a programmer to reset things. You can search around there for the problems about your tranny too. (another post by you?) There are lots of tranny bulletins for the Hyundai tech to refer to, depending on your symptoms. Sounds like they are too lazy to check them out themselves.

Good luck

Reply to
Gordo