Alright Hyundaitech - It's Time To Confess

Page 1 of 2
Anyone who has spent more than a day or two here has come to realize your value to this group. Something just don't smell right though. You have expertise and knowledge in just too damned many areas of these cars, and at
too deep a level. And... you have way too much time to research and respond to these threads. No shop floor mechanic has that kind of time available to him and for sure, most don't care enough after a day of wrenching to contribute like you do.
So - what's the deal Mister? I could easily be made to believe that you're really paid by Hyundai to do nothing more with your time than to participate in this group (and perhaps in other consumer forums), all in the name of goodwill. I know you've talked about a dealership that you work at in the MD area, but that still does not stack up with all that you contribute here.
I'm callin' you out Mister - come clean. What's the real deal with Mr. Hyundaitech?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Eric G. wrote:

Yeah, really, what difference does it make? There's an old saying: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Not that Hyundaitech is Mr. Ed reincarnated or anything...

Good lord - is this going to turn into something over a simple question?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Loosing his presence here? That's a bit of a stretch don't you think?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
It seems obvious we are all curious, however none want to jeopardize hyundaitech's presence here. i go with the majority. Haven't you heard of the story of the goose that laid golden eggs. 3 cheers to u whoever u r Mr. Hyundaitech. Wouldn't mind knowing who you are but it won't make much of a difference if i don't just as long as you stick around to help us out here...

Vineeth wrote:

Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore? Mike was simply being funny and yet everyone feels the need to jump on him for it. I know some folks don't have a very sophisticated sense of humor, but his post was so obviously in jest I don't see how anyone could miss it.
Matt
I nominate Hyundaitech to be King of the forum...and whut is a libberall???
Deck wrote:

I think that means a lot of something. Like a liberal amount of grease or a barn that has a liberal amount of cow crap. :-)
Matt

Well I, for one, knew he was joking, as was I. But I don't see anything anyone else wrote to be taking things too seriously.
OTOH, your sister's middle name is really GAY? C'mon.
All kidding aside, I work with a guy whose middle name is the same. He is 6'7" tall and around 350 lbs. He claims that not a single person has ever made fun of his middle name, and I believe him. At least not to his face anyway.
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

I'm not making that up. I went to school with a girl whose first name was Gay (this was in the 70s).

I wonder why? :-)
Matt
I just have to say this, & I am absolutely not making this up. My wife has a friend back in Ontario whose name is Gay -not terribly Earth shattering- until she got married. First marriage was to Mr. Dyck. -no kidding. Many years later marriage # 2 - now how she could do this I don't know - you guessed it -Mr Cox. Absolutely true!! (Her teenage daughter of the first marriage was ready to dis-own her Mom!) Worse yet, I knew a young girl named Donna Mae. That was OK until she went to high school where they dropped the middle name. Guesses as to last name?? Donna Rhea. Say that one out loud a few times. BCinBC

Damn it - I missed that. Sorry Eric.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Actually, I'm the liberal here. I suppose that makes me a vast left-wing conspiracy.
First step: Get them to trust my Hyundai knowledge.
Second step: Convert them all. Muahahahaha.
The plan is quite simple, actually.

Crap - I suppose that means you'll be handing out homework to all of us next. Assimilation isn't really as simple and painless as they make it look on sci-fi TV, is it?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Well, once they put the probe in your ear and suck out your brains, the rest is much simpler and less painful. :-)
You obviously haven't watched enough TV!
Matt
Ignore that giant sucking sound!
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Oh the Glory Hole days :-P

Geezus Eric - I almost dropped my laptop over that one...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

LOL. Yeah, that was before my coffee this morning and AFTER my (almost) 5- year-old decided to wake up 4 times overnight and puke. The last wake-up was at 3:50 AM and I just stayed awake and went to work. It wasn't fun :-)
Eric