Another question for you Hyundaitech

So you may recall my discussion rpeviously about my 2006 Sonata and an engine whine I developed. Well they have finally agreed to replace the part they have diagnosed as making the noise, the Variable Intake
Manifold. I made the appointment and when they called they told me my "Surge Tank" was in, which is definitely NOT the Variable Intake. I spoke to the Service guy who will be doing the repair and he said the Surge Tank is part of the manifold and that it is the right part. Can you verify this is accurate information? I am taking this in on Thursday for the work. Thanks
Yep, that's the correct part. It'll be the top portion of the intake manifold. That's just Hyundai's name for it.
Thanks for the response. What are the chances that replacing this will affect the great gas mileage I am currently getting? I really want to get rid of this whine but not sure I want to do it at the expense of gas milegae.
I suppose it's theoretically possible that if the old variable intake wasn't functioning properly that replacing it will improve mileage. Even if that's the case, I doubt you'll see any significant change.
Well I took it in and they replaced the surge tank (or so they say) and there was no difference. Hyundai has now said they are unwilling to assist me in this any further and continue to claim this is a characteristic of the engine even though myself and the service manager from my dealer drove two different Hynudai's that did not exhibit this noise. TRhey have said the only other thing I can do is request arbitration for a buy back of the car. So much for Hyundai Customer Service!!!!
wolfcub27540 wrote:

Not so fast! You haven't contacted Hyundai Customer Service, you've just been dealing with a dealer that's a jerk. Contach Hyundai directly and I'll bet you'll find a BIG difference in their response to your problem.
Not so fast! You haven't contacted Hyundai Customer Service, you've just been dealing with a dealer that's a jerk. Contach Hyundai directly and I'll bet you'll find a BIG difference in their response to your problem
Negatory Brian. I have been dealing with Hyundai GLOBAL Customer Service, specifically the group that has been set us to ONLY deal with hissues on the new 2006 Sonata. I have also been dealing directly with the Big wig District Representative. It was Hyundai GLOBAL that said no more help.
wolfcub27540 wrote:

I'm suprised, to say the least. That really sucks.
Are there issues with the "new 2006 Sonata" that they have to set up a special group to address them? Makes me wonder if I need to rethink my plans R.E. car buying.
--
KWW