another stealership story

Noticed one of the four ballnuts that hold the spoiler on my hatchback was missing.

Stopped by local dealer to see about getting one and they wanted $4.95 for one and take two weeks to get it.

Went to hardware store and got one instock for 91 cents.

Reply to
ibbill42

Sue, you saved a few dollars, but it is not an official Hyundai ball nut. Even your best friend will smirk as you drive by with generic nuts. Trade in value dropped considerably too, and a CarFax report will come back with bad karma. I'd not drive the car until my nuts were in order. .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yup. Probably voided the warranty, too.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Ed - That's just nuts!

Reply to
jp103

Lol (-:

Reply to
ibbill42

I was doing some cleaning on the car this morning & found the missing ballnut. Put it back on & now all is well with the universe.

Reply to
ibbill42

snipped-for-privacy@NewsReader.Com (ibbill42) wrote in news:20110901130857.975$KC_- snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.com:

Hmmm...I thought for sure you were going to say that your wife had your nut.

Reply to
Eric G.