Any of you tried Bosch rotors or pads?

I'm going to be trying some premium rotors and pads out in a couple of weeks. Just curious if any of you have tried them out. They seem to be new-ish to the market. Cheers.
- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
Using their electrical products on my air cooled Vw,s for ~45 years with no problems at all. I wonder if Bosch make them or just source them from some "lesser" source?. I suspect if you get any major brand name you will be not disappointed.

That's what I am thinking. These no-name brand parts from the local parts store are a dime a dozen made in China junk. My mechanic never used Bosch pads or rotors but the name is pretty good. Sadly, I don't know if they're from Germany or China. I'll report back to the group once I install them. Cheers.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
On 2011-06-07, Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] <> wrote:

Even the better brands are moving production to China. Picked up a pair of Brembo rotors recently - turned out they are "Made in China." (Last time they were made in Italy.)

Yes, this is true. I saw odd-ball brand pads from a company called Brake Best and I *think* they were from Korea. At least that's what the web site showed. I think my mechanic used Wagner pads last time, not sure about the rotors though.
- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
On 6/7/2011 3:51 AM, John wrote:

My experiences with Bosch products has not always been good. Some items are fine, others definitely not. For example, all the windshield wiper blades have had awful rubber: the blades chatter on the glass and even stick to it.
So, I guess that every range of their products stands on its own.
The manager of a chain auto parts store told me a few years ago that all four of his house brake pads were identical, just differing in their warranties.
It's awful out there.
Richard