Any tricks to programming Homelink on 2007 Sante Fe?

I've just installed a new opener and trying to follow the instructions in the car's manual and the homelink.com site and I cannot get it to work.
It seems simple enough but has anyone run across any "tricks". I feel
stupid.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
I don't remember the details of programming mine, but I was left with the impressionable knowledge that if I ever had to do it again, I would follow the steps, EXACTLY, from beginning to end. I now have two of them working.
Be sure to note which type of opener you have, rolling or static.
Goood Luck
Jim

I'm there with you I tried to program my Sonata FOREVER reading and re- reading the manual and visited homelink watching the video and all. NOTHING worked. So I jumped on hmaservice.com and hey what do you know? A TSB on the subject! Bottom line was I needed to have the key in the "ON" position NOT the "Acc" position. Followed all the other steps with this change and it worked like a charm!
Paul
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:37:47 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Finally got it to work...
1) needed key in ON position (not ACC as mentioned above) 2) needed to wait until led flashed RAPIDLY which took almost 1 minute. But following that it started working...
Thanks