Any tricks to programming Homelink on 2007 Sante Fe?

I've just installed a new opener and trying to follow the instructions in the car's manual and the homelink.com site and I cannot get it to work.

It seems simple enough but has anyone run across any "tricks". I feel stupid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
bobm3

I don't remember the details of programming mine, but I was left with the impressionable knowledge that if I ever had to do it again, I would follow the steps, EXACTLY, from beginning to end. I now have two of them working.

Be sure to note which type of opener you have, rolling or static.

Goood Luck

Jim

Reply to
jim

I'm there with you I tried to program my Sonata FOREVER reading and re- reading the manual and visited homelink watching the video and all. NOTHING worked. So I jumped on hmaservice.com and hey what do you know? A TSB on the subject! Bottom line was I needed to have the key in the "ON" position NOT the "Acc" position. Followed all the other steps with this change and it worked like a charm!

Paul

Reply to
paulgyro

Finally got it to work...

1) needed key in ON position (not ACC as mentioned above) 2) needed to wait until led flashed RAPIDLY which took almost 1 minute. But following that it started working...

Thanks

Reply to
bobm3