Any Tucson owners out there?

This Newsgroup seems to be very light on Tucson ?'s. Does that mean there aren't many of us out there? Or, is the Tucson not selling well?

Reply to
Greg

I think its selling fine in my area. Wash, DC. I have had mine for a few weeks and so far I really like it. Just over 1000 miles and avg

19 mpg so far with a lot of city driving.
Reply to
RobertHenne

I have a ?06 2.7L and live in WV. I avg 19mpg anywhere I drive, be it city, rural country roads or interstate. Anyone know where the oil filter is located? It is coming up on 3500m and is due for a change

"RobertHenne" wrote: > On Mar 12, 12:23 pm, Greg wrote: > > This Newsgroup seems to be very light on Tucson ?'s. Does > that mean there > > aren't many of us out there? Or, is the Tucson not selling > well? > > I think its selling fine in my area. Wash, DC. I have had > mine for a > few weeks and so far I really like it. Just over 1000 miles > and avg > 19 mpg so far with a lot of city driving.

Reply to
jeffphillips69

Go to

and sign up for a free account. Go to "Site Requirements" and be sure you have the free Adobe picture viewer. You will be able to find the filter, wiring diagrams, component locations, specifications, troubleshooting, and a lot of other good information.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I think the reason you don't see any posts is they are worry free! I have not had ANY worries with mine so far..

Reply to
Hammbone

I just bought a 2007 SE with heated seats, sunroof, 6 CD changer and a week after we had it we got a foot of snow covered in ice. So out we went out in it & I could not get it to fishtail, the ESC was flashing away & I slammed on the brakes to spin it in a KMart parking lot that was empty and the ABS pump kicked in. WOW! No salide,fishtail, just stop. She showed me I am safe in her. The lumbar seat with heat on a

-16 degree day is one way to start it out right. And how fast the heat inside kicks in is amazing. Mirrors melted in 3 minutes as advertised.

I keep my headlights with foglights on as many Ohio drivers do so freeway as well as streets you are seen! Get out of the car & all lights go off! That's Hyundai, never a dead battery!

Tearful good bye to my 2002 Sante Fe which was a great auto but my Tucson is being treated like a millionaire with plenty of folks staring at me & I wave at them thru the open sunroof. Only problem was stopping under a freeway entrance sign with 7 pigeons on it & we got pooped on! What a laugh that was!!!!

It has their weird odometer, with trip milage, tells you how many miles you can drive til fillup, MPG (19.5 and I am coming up on 500 miles). even a clock in military time that I used as a cop. The fold down seats with no removing headrests as I had to do with the Sante Fe is great. The new style of grocery bag holder is great also. Then th ultimate: kick husband into back seat behidn me as I ought a cherry tree & it fit from the dashboard on the back of the front seat folded down, out the back window! Saved me $75 bringing it home vs delivery.

Reply to
The Awesome 1

Why wait? Set the seat switch to "on", set the defroster on in case of frost, and use a remote starter. Most can also be programmed to turn on the rear defroster.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Count me as another happy '06 Tucson owner, and as another Greg. Mine is a GLS, AWD, automatic. I've had it since May, it has just gone through its

15,000 mile service, and I'm averaging 21mpg with the 6 cyl.

It's been great all winter. I love it.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

I bought an '05 LX V6 (all options except sunroof & 4WD) from a co- worker who had it for 18 months & 6100 miles. No issues. Smooth daily driver & musical instrument hauler.

Reply to
Mark

I take back the "no issues" comment. My ONE issue: 6CD changer does not play MP3s. Boo hoo!

Reply to
Mark

My '07 Sonata with the Infinity 6 CD changer does. Of course, electronics change every three days to something new so that may be the difference.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How many MPG's are you Tucson owners getting and with what size engine ? Do u find its big enough inside for your needs ? And...do u find the acceleration to be adequate ? Thanks.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) wrote in news:17083- snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3237.bay.webtv.net:

I have the V6 automatic and only get in the high teens driving about 75% highway. The MPG is my only gripe. Acceleration is fine and we are very pleased with its storage capacity and other hauling capabilities.

Reply to
Greg

Hello Greg,

G> I have the V6 automatic and only get in the high teens driving about G> 75% highway. The MPG is my only gripe. Acceleration is fine and we G> are very pleased with its storage capacity and other hauling G> capabilities.

The question that immediately comes to my mind is how fast do you drive when on the highway? Could also be that you are in a lot of stop and go traffic when in the city?

High teens seems quite poor, especially when the EPA estimates for the FWD and 4WD are 20/26 and 19/24, respecitively, city/highway.

Regards, Wayne Moses Houston, Texas

Reply to
Wayne Moses

Wayne Moses wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news-server.houston.rr.com:

I know mileage may vary, etc., but I've lived and worked at the same places for quite some time and driven a variety of vehicles over that period. In all cases except the Tucson, my mileage has averaged in the upper end of the EPA range. For example my current other vehicle is rated at 22-31 and I get 27. As you pointed out the Tucson is rated at

19-24. I've owned it since November of '05 and driven it 15,000 miles with an average MPG of 18.
Reply to
Greg

I've also got the V6 automatic, AWD, and I am averaging 21.5 mpg. I usually put about 20,000 miles per year, combination city/highway. My Tucson is currently at 17,000 miles. Acceleration is excellent and it is plenty big enough for what I use it for.

Another Greg

Reply to
Greg