Anyone ever mod their Sonata with a new dash kit?

I broke the plastic cup holder on my 2002 Sonata and to fix it my dealer quoted me nearly $250. Seems outrageous for a piece of plastic that probably cost $10 to make. There's a place that makes very slick looking
dash kits, anyone tried one of them? It would be from this place: http://www.wooddash.com/item/HYUNDAI_Dash_Kits_SONATA_2002_2005_2
Cheers
- Pavlov
Check out my pics! http://www.neiu.edu/~akkoziol
why cant u get it covered under warranty??

Because it didn't break by itself. I had placed a bushed aluminum cup in there and the grip handle pushed against it inadvertently cracking it. It's so paper thin I am not surprised it cracked.
- Pavlov
Check out my pics! http://www.neiu.edu/~akkoziol
These look like stick-on veneers. Caveat emptor.
| I broke the plastic cup holder on my 2002 Sonata and to fix it my dealer | quoted me nearly $250. Seems outrageous for a piece of plastic that | probably cost $10 to make.
Dunno. I've got a 2000 Sonata. My cupholders are a particularly dumb design in an even dumber center console -- anything I want to put into the cupholders seems to be the wrong size; and if two people, let's say, get identical sawdust shakes, only one will fit -- the other one won't. With the cupholder door closed, the slippery, sloped, oh-so-deco contoured surface makes anything placed on it it slide off. The swing-open compartments are too low and too far back to support my elbow.
So if your console is as good as mine, why not get out that hacksaw, mix up some epoxy, and go to it!
Richard

That's kind of the problem with modern cars. All the molded plastic is very sensitive and there's no one-size-fits-all on the cup holders. My 2002 Sonata also has the one big one small layout. Two of the same would have been just fine. It still blows my mind that the replacement plastic costs as much as it does.

Ha, don't tempt me. It'll do it up like a Mad Max mobile or something! Extreme Hyundai makeover. Cheers.